CD - Ultimate Gospel by Johnny Cash and published by Sony Music.
Gospel was what Johnny Cash, Luther Perkins, and Marshall Grant originally wanted to record when they auditioned for Sam Phillips in 1954. In 1958, Sun Records' refusal to let Cash record a gospel album--despite his track record of hits--led him to leave for Columbia. This well-chosen package delineates sacred music's ongoing role in Cash's career, beginning with two 1970 performances from his ABC variety show, one featuring longtime Cash friend Rev. Billy Graham.
1. Here Was A Man
2. "The Preacher Said, ""Jesus Said"""
3. I Was There When It Happened
5. That's Enough
6. It Was Jesus
7. The Old Account
8. "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot"
9. The Great Speckle Bird
10. He'll Understand And Say Well Done
11. How Great Thou Art
12. It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)
13. He Turned Water Into Wine
14. Were You There (When They Crucified My Lord)
15. Troublesome Waters
16. (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me)
17. When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder
18. In The Sweet By And By
19. My Ship Will Sail
20. Far Side Banks Of Jordan
21. "Oh Come, Angel Band"
22. Amazing Grace
23. Daddy Sang Bass
24. Children Go Where I Send Thee