CD - Silent Night Carols by Various Artists and published by Integrity Music.
Over hundred years ago, British and German soldiers along the Western Front climbed out of their trenches for a brief truce from the bloodiest war that the world had seen to date. During the week leading up to Christmas and on Christmas day 1914, World War I was briefly forgotten as the soldiers stepped into No Mans Land to sing carols, play football, exchange gifts and jointly bury their dead. The sound of soldiers singing Silent Night in English, German and in French brought a sense of peace and wonder as they remembered their humanity and celebrated the Christ child together. We commemorate this moment with Silent Night Carols - a collection of classic Christmas carols that have nurtured us through the years. Anchored by a brand new version of Silent Night, this album is filled with timeless songs that paint the truth of the gospel, and remind us of the message of unity and peace that surround the Christmas story.
1. Silent Night (Christ the Savior Is Born) - Faye Streek
2. Hark the Herald Angels Sing/King of Heaven - Paul Baloche
3. Joyful Joyful - Brilliance
4. Joy to the World - Keith & Kristyn Getty
5. What Child Is This - Starfield
6. O Holy Night/Another Hallelujah - Lincoln Brewster
7. Amid the Winter's Snow - Abby Eaton See
8. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Moya Brennan
9. O Little Town of Bethlehem - Lenny LeBlanc
10. O Come All Ye Faithful - Kelly Willard
11. The First Noel - Kelly Willard
12. Silent Night - Tom Howard