Six Steps to Loving Your Church by Colin Marshall & Tony Payne and published by The Good Book Company.
Some of us really love our churches, some of us aren't so positive, and for many of us that feeling can change from week to week. This six-session program is about how to love your church whether you're feeling enthusiastic about it or not. It's about the mindset you take with you as you go to church each week, and how that mindset is expressed in a multitude of ways, big and small.
Learn that ‘loving’ your church doesn’t just mean enjoying it or liking it, but loving the people who are the church by ministering to them in whatever way possible. Requires accompanying DVD.
Over the six sessions of the course you will cover subjects such as:
- your current attitudes towards church, and how they are expressed
- what the Bible says about the meaning and purpose of church
- what it means to love your church and the people who go there
- how all of us can be active encouraging servants before, during and after church, rather than just consumers or spectators.
Each session contains a mix of discussion, Bible study, video input and prayer, along with simple exercises to help you put the ideas into practice on Sunday.
Six Steps to Loving Your Church is a course best undertaken in a small group (of 3-8 people). To run the course you will need:
- the text of each study (printed out or distributed digitally) for each person
- the leader’s notes, which are a separate download
- a way to show the video content to your group.