God's Jewels and Other Sermons by William Nicholson and published by Classics.
The purpose of this book is to assist ministers in their preparation for preaching the Gospel of Christ, with the greater number of these outlines have been used in the author's own ministry. Although Nicholson, only spent eighteen years in the ministry of the Independent Church in Wales in the mid-late 1800's, (due to his death at just 41) the freshness of his genius made him one of the most popular preachers in his denomination. It was said that one rarely heard a preacher with a greater gift for sustaining the interest of his congregation than Nicholson.
Nicholson himself said that it was his aim throughout the outlines "to give an Evangelical view of the sublime doctrines of the Gospel, to make Christ prominent as the Great Redeemer; the author of eternal salvation, the way, the truth and the life and to prostrate man before His cross as a sinful, condemned and ruined being, who if he be saved, must rest his imperishable spirit on Christ's finished work."
Outline in this book are based on:
* God's Jewel - Malachi 3:17
* The Furnace of Affliction - Isaiah 48:10
* The Presence of God with the Afflicted - Isaiah 43:2
* Afflictions - Job 5:6 & 7
* The Separation of the Righteous from the Wicked - Matthew 25:31 - 33
* Approaching Mortality - Job 16:22
* Jordan and Canaan Typical of Death and Heaven - Deuteronomy 11:31
* The Church Triumphant - Revelation 7:13 - 17
* The Commencement and Progress of Religion in the Soul - Philippians 1:6
* The Sacrifice of Christ - 1 Peter 2:24