The Will of Christ and Other Sermons by William Nicholson and published by Classics.
The purpose of this book is to assist ministers in their preparation for preaching the Gospel of Christ, with the greater number of these outlines have been used in the author's own ministry. Although Nicholson, only spent eighteen years in the ministry of the Independent Church in Wales in the mid-late 1800's, (due to his death at just 41) the freshness of his genius made him one of the most popular preachers in his denomination. It was said that one rarely heard a preacher with a greater gift for sustaining the interest of his congregation than Nicholson.
Nicholson himself said that it was his aim throughout the outlines "to give an Evangelical view of the sublime doctrines of the Gospel, to make Christ prominent as the Great Redeemer; the author of eternal salvation, the way, the truth and the life and to prostrate man before His cross as a sinful, condemned and ruined being, who if he be saved, must rest his imperishable spirit on Christ's finished work."
Outline in this book are based on:
* The Will of Christ - John 17:24
* God, the Portion of His People - Psalm 16:5
* God, the Refuge of His People - Psalm 46:1
* The Refiner - Malachi 3:2 - 3
* The Happiness of Being with Christ - 2 Corinthians 5:8
* Grateful Acknowledge of Divine Goodness - Psalm 126:3
* Divine Comfort - Isaiah 66:13
* Christ our Example - 1 Peter 2:21
* The Expectation of Eternal Life - Jude 21
* The Journey of God's Ransomed People to Heaven - Isaiah 35:9 - 10